View Single Post
Old 3 May 2024, 01:23 PM   #4872
Penelope2017
"TRF" Member

I had a 2021 no date Sub - a real grail watch and a regular wear. After awhile, I saw it losing time that I actually noticed (other 32xx series watches of mine lose time, but at such a slow rate that it's essentially a none issue). I took it to the AD a couple months ago, they said it had low amplitude and so sent it in for service. It came back about a month ago. Not only were the hands ever so slightly misaligned, but the time-keeping did not improve (I did not have a timegrapher at the point, but now I do). Being pretty thoroughly disappointed and knowing of the recurring 32xx issues, I sold the Sub yesterday. Wanting a replacement and a clean slate, I went to my AD just to browse and chat, but they ended up having the new METAS Tudor monochrome - so I bought it. Now, of course the Sub runs circles around the Tudor in terms of aesthetics and that's big part of the whole experience, but Tudor gives off a nice, if brutalist, Sub vibe and has the huge benefit of an extraordinarily robust movement. I will certainly be paying more attention to Tudor, and maybe even Omega lol.

I am now keeping track for my 3 other 32xx series watches (DJ, OP, EX2) and may publish my findings here. It's really disappointing how Rolex's inability / refusal to address the issue has sucked the fun out of collecting their watches for me.

One question I had was whether this issue, which seems commented to the new escapement could also pop up in other watches with this new tech - such at that in the Daytona.
Penelope2017 is offline   Reply With Quote