View Single Post
Old 24 April 2024, 07:27 PM   #17
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
Hi everyone!

My first post to what is a forum of great insight and discussion I’ve enjoyed reading.

I’ve been patiently searching for a gmt master II red/black watch for several months and recently narrowed my focus on two have I believe are very good examples.

One is a 2000/1 P serial with warranty paper and tag. It appears well cared for but I noticed the bezel rotates more smoothly in one direction vs the other. And the safety lock doesn’t shut that smoothly. Presume that can be normal given age and potentially how the previous owner used it… The second piece is a Y serial which i believe is a year or two newer. It is a Watch only piece and possibly overall better than the first example. The one odd thing I noticed is the clasp code said ‘P11’ which I understand that to be a 1991 clasp… however it has solid end links and has the safety lock which I didn’t think existed then?

The first is slightly more expensive than the second by a factor of 400 USD.

I’m just keen on thoughts on what you guys and gals might do in this scenario. My intention is to buy to wear and have no immediate intention to on sell, more likely to hand down when the time is right.

I’m a long time Rolex fan owing a 2004/5 Rolex explorer II polar since new and recently added a 2024 Air King, I love them both to bits! It’s been a long time between drinks but the itch has to be scratched.

Thanks in advance!
Speaking for myself not a bit interested in the so called papers which in this case will be a outdated warranty so just a bit of paper. As for the box well its just a box and not the best box in the watch world. Always buy first the seller then condition of watch and whether any service history. If no service history budget in your price a full RSC service, after service you will get service papers or card and that will act like a full two year valid warranty. One other important thing, never rely on these so called papers or boxes to prove authenticity of any watch as these today are far easrier to fake than the watch.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote