View Single Post
Old 2 May 2024, 12:34 PM   #30
2000-NJDEVILS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-N-Out View Post
lol. well it certainly worked out for you!

but this is GS we're talking about, not Rolex. I too drank the kool-aid for a little bit and considered GS to be on par with Rolex in terms of quality and value, but that is CLEARLY not the case. also I didn't buy GS thinking the value will go up. this brand clearly depreciates on day 1 and rarely goes up.

Grand Seiko NA is an absolute joke and treats their clients like trash. I may reconsider this brand again in 10-15 years, but holding a defective brand new watch for 5 months and then: a) not fixing it, b) implying I should have returned it within return policy period...is probably what you would expect from a TJ Maxx (or Tesla), but not from an aspiring luxury watch brand.

I think every collection still needs an "entry" level luxury watch, but I'll stick with Tudor, Cartier, or even gshock for that.
I’m certainly not giving any legal advice here - but, BNIB watches almost always have a 2-3 year warranty - If you really feel strongly about GS not honoring this, you may want to find an attorney and jeweler (expert witness) and have a demand letter sent to GS USA stating your grievances - they can either do right by you (fix the watch) or let you sue them. If you choose to litigate, I would love to see you win and would like to hear how this shameful situation gets resolved amicably or adjudicated.
Good Luck!