View Single Post
Old 28 May 2011, 05:20 PM   #46
jamesbondOO7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex or nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFUSION View Post
Its funny to hear peoples responses to this kind of tragedy. Think about it in real life for a minute though. Most people are not even aware they are getting mugged when they are infact being mugged. If you are walking down the street and I walk up to you and say give me your watch, are you just going to take it off and hand it to me? Doubt it. Now If I have a gun you will, or if I have a knife but what if I have nothing but my fist. I bet you will just look at me until I punch you out or in this case push you to the ground so you hit your head. Fact is most people think its a joke until they get injured or killed then its real. People rarely hand over their valuables unless there is a weapon and muggers rarely use weapons now a days because it adds 10 to life on the sentence. No, people that are willing to mug you can almost certainly kick the crap out of you or they would not try it in the first place. So its not a matter of this guy was a hero, or an idiot. He probably thought it was all a joke as most victims do. What happened to him was not his fault. He did not have a choice of the Rolex or his life, he only had the choice of the rolex. Most would say no.
Well said.