View Single Post
Old 12 April 2024, 02:19 AM   #100
tigerpac
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav01L View Post
Does it though?

I mean candidly and with no ill will, I didn’t know Mr Cukrowicz personally. But aside from that one picture they unearthed of him wearing a wild colored jacket, what does any of the press release rehashes that were published on this watch tell us to explain how that particular cliché of modern luxury watch marketing and production is related to his character or who he was as a person?

All I know about him is that he was very dedicated in building the FPJourne brand, which he certainly deserves credit for. But that achievement in classical and conservative watchmaking isn’t a particularly rainbow inspiring story.

Perhaps you knew him or can otherwise shed some more light on how this is more than just a touching story attached to a watch with a commercially really « opportune » theme. I would genuinely like to learn more. But it’s not for the lack of reading what was out there.
He was a big personality and often very brightly dressed. Something in his honor would be bright and attention grabbing. I'll post an interview below if you'd genuinely like to learn more about him.

FP chose to use colored ceramic stones to keep the price down so I would disagree with your conclusion of it being a cash grab.

https://thejourneguy.com/in-conversa...ino-cukrowicz/
tigerpac is offline   Reply With Quote