View Single Post
Old 30 March 2024, 02:41 PM   #15
Dave O
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave O View Post
I sent my Navitimer in for warranty work (watch was only 8 months old) and it took nearly 4 months to get it back (just got it back yesterday). Wasn't even a full service. The watch was just all of a sudden running slow. I've heard that for whatever reason getting a watch serviced through Breitling is a very slow process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave O View Post
One other item of note with my repair. First off, the watch is now keeping great time. That's the good news. Now for the bad news. My Navitimer is on a brown leather strap. I noticed after I brought the watch home that they damaged the leather strap during the servicing. It appears that instead of taking the straps off for the service, they left them on. As a result, when they bent the straps back to get to the case back the strap was pressed against the sides of the watch, which put a mark on the straps and actually damaged the leather on one of the straps. To top it off, when they used the tool to unscrew the case back it rubbed against the straps causing damage to this area as well, damaging the leather on both straps. My AD is checking with Breitling to see what they will do about it. I did, however, tell my AD that I did NOT want to send the watch back in and not have it for another 4 months. I'll post back when my AD hears back from Breitling.
My AD got tired of waiting on Breitling to make a decision so they went ahead and ordered a replacement strap from Breitling at no cost to me (I have a great SA and AD). Took about 4+ weeks to get the strap but at least I have a nice looking strap again that's not all marked up.

However, I'm not happy with Breitling service over all of this. 4 months for warranty service, damaged the strap and then didn't man up and replace it.
Dave O is offline   Reply With Quote