View Single Post
Old 22 April 2024, 08:45 AM   #142
Giovannibravo
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub| DJ41| 79540
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawiyo View Post
This post is a long time coming. I signed up here at TRF 12 years ago researching my first Rolex purchase. But, as all of us know, life gets in the way. Marriage, buying your first home, cars, first child, the watch just kind of goes to the back burner.

However in Nov 2021 at age 36, I was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer. After almost 2.5 years of treatments, when I finally got a chance to breathe, I decided it’s now or never, but a year long wait list just seemed like a stupid thing to contend with in my position. Who knows how long I even have left. How long would I even have to enjoy it after waiting?

After talking with a friend with a steep purchase history, he and his favorite AD worked to get me the watch I was looking for, quick. In under a week, I got the call and was absolutely shocked. The 1.5 hour drive to the AD was excruciating at times, but I knew it was all worth it.

After a couple of weeks, I’m still in love. It makes me feel good every time I put it on and is a great distraction if just for a moment. I’ve now done 39 rounds of chemo, radiation, and I just started my second clinical trial. It’s ironic the watch world’s phrase is “Wear it in good health”. I don’t have good health, but I’m still going to wear it as long as I can.

Congrats on the new piece. Best of luck with the treatment. We are all routing for you. Stay strong.
Giovannibravo is offline   Reply With Quote