View Single Post
Old 25 April 2024, 12:44 PM   #23
Jackie Daytona
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16750
I hate to admit it but it’s more or less turned me into a much ruder person.

Everyone loves jumping in front of you in stores to talk to you about something, or just generally really imposing upon your time. The older I get the less time I see to have each day and the more I value it. I’m not old, but I’ve gotten to a point where I feel efficiency and quality of time is one of the most important things. With all that being said I really don’t engage at all anymore at any cost. I just don’t look at them, don’t speak to them, and carry on whatever I’m doing.

I hate having to be that way because I believe I’m actually a pretty nice person, but I won’t waste my time on it and don’t feel that I should be obligated to do so.

As for the callers funnily enough I got my phone in Yuma AZ while working there briefly. Scammers seem to try and mimic area codes fortunately, for me, because I know very well that no one is calling me from Yuma, or Walton or Quartzite AZ. So I can just block right away.

One thing I do hate as well though is the mail. As much emphasis as everyone puts on reducing usage of things like paper and being green, I’m not sure how nothing has ever been done about the phone book sized stack of crap shoved in everyone’s mailbox each day that goes straight to the landfill.