View Single Post
Old 22 March 2024, 11:29 AM   #4
lanteanflux
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exchange3294 View Post
Grand Seiko in terms of quality is incredible value and I people are now just starting to realise this so it is getting harder to get a hold of certain models like the Shunbun or SBGA413, I was pretty much told this when I brought mine from Marina Bay Sans earlier this year.

As a brand I feel they have a lot of work to do in regards to marketing and defining their models, the massive amounts of limited releases is a bit crazy however the brand it’s self has only been around since 2017.

At the moment I’m onto my Grand Seiko’s because I love them however over time and as GS fixes some of their issues and people do start to realise the value proposition over their already increased price I do think demand will get a lot higher and they will potentially hold their value.

If recall correctly GS only produces something like 50k watches a year at their two studios compared to Rolex’s 800-1 million.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50k is a fk ton when they’re all the same watch, just with a different dial!

I think the only ones that will hold value are ones that weren’t available for genuine public sale like Sbga475 (50 pc for a store in Osaka, yes I have one haha) and the gs9club sbgy castle thing.

The rest just buy and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lanteanflux is offline   Reply With Quote