View Single Post
Old 26 April 2024, 01:47 PM   #54
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBolton View Post
It's not just Daytonas. The fact people can't readily get any relatively desirable model has impacted their reputation. When you still have people paying over MSRP for a Datejust or waiting around with no end in sight... or better yet, ADs that won't even add people on to the waitlist... that is damaging to Rolex's reputation.

If I were 22, a fresh college graduate living in a big city, and wanting my first Submariner I think the taste I'd quickly get in my mouth would be enough to walk away from the brand either permanently or at least for a very long time.

I've been lucky on a few instances--I.E. getting a ceramic Pepsi when I was 23 in 2019 as things were heating up, but I think the current system isn't really welcoming to the younger generation and that I was an exception to a backwards and broken system.

The unavailability of these models makes them more attractive to most folks. Half the people here wouldn’t want a Daytona or a Pepsi or a Skydweller if you could just walk in and buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bluestreak is online now   Reply With Quote