View Single Post
Old 29 April 2024, 01:24 PM   #75
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Hesalite vs. Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
After all, the Saphire doesn't add anything except weight and expence.

If it falls on the ground it will potentially land with less force because it's lighter and it won't potentially shatter like Saphire thus forcing a replacement and potentially an unnecessary service.

It also provides a nice clear view of the dial to read the time at a wider angle of perspective than the milky ringed Saphire.

That piece of cheap plastic is much more practical in the day to day of life and with regard to the overall ownership experience with some Polywatch or cheap replacement as required
Deleted parts of the quote that I’m not addressing.

Is this a joke? The sapphire adds weight? I’ve got to laugh at that. There’s no way anyone could possibly perceive a weight difference between sapphire and hesalite, nor does the extremely minor difference in weight matter if the watch is dropped (or for any other reason). The watch would potentially land with less force? These are some seriously strange assumptions and address an absolutely fringe and likely never-experienced-by-anyone hypothetical scenario.

It adds a wider angle of perspective? Again, so fringe that it is beyond any real world scenario that would ever matter in any meaningful way.

To each their own, but this is the strangest reasoning to go for the hesalite that I’ve ever encountered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote