View Single Post
Old 7 January 2024, 11:27 AM   #9
mikeawesome
"TRF" Member

Thank you for the replies. The hair or piece of lint on the dial was only 1-1.5mm in length but should have been caught at the factory or by the AD. I definitely wasn't happy about it but after waiting 2+ years to get the call on a 40mm DD with white roman dial I wasn't about to turn it down because who knows if/when I would ever get another call on it (this was with zero purchase history at this AD also). They offered me a 40mm DD with champaign baguette dial about 2 weeks prior and I turned it down because if I'm going to spend that much money on a watch I want it to be 100% exactly as I want.

If you all really want to know who the AD is send me a PM and I'll tell you. I don't want to publicly name them here as I don't think they knowingly did anything wrong and don't want to cause damage to their business.

I have some higher quality photos of the clasp and lug but it won't let me post links to them here because I have <10 posts. When I uploaded directly to the forum it made me shink the file size down which makes them blurrier and more difficult to view.
Calatrava r's response about each engraving under a lug being different is good to hear, makes me feel a bit at ease.
mikeawesome is offline   Reply With Quote