View Single Post
Old 28 April 2024, 01:45 AM   #97
Encepholopod
Banned

Watch: 5712/1R
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0x308 View Post
Just looking for casual advice and thoughts and am open to any commentary whatsoever.

I've found myself in the incredibly fortunate position to purchase a steel Rolex sports model from a friend who's consolidating his collection in pursuit of diversifying into independents.

I have my choice between the 126710BLRO GMT on Jubilee, the 126610LV Starbucks Sub, or a 124060 No-Date Sub. Unfortunately he's keeping his black dial 126500LN, which I don't blame him for, but that would have been my obvious choice if it was an option.

To top it off, only the 124060 has been worn. The Pepsi and Starbucks are both essentially brand new, having been purchased and stashed away without being worn, which is making this even more difficult of a decision.

I can't make up my mind. I'd love the 126710BLRO as I'm in the consulting field and always working on projects with clients located around the globe where tracking another timezone is critical. In addition to being a somewhat frequent traveler as a byproduct of my career, it means the GMT would shine in its practicality - plus I love the Jubilee bracelet, which I have on my blue dial 126200 DJ and love.

On the other hand, either Sub model makes sense for me as I live in south Florida with a 5 minute walk to the nearest beach. I'm big on getting out and doing anything involving the water and the Sub is the obvious choice given how often I find myself in the water or near it, plus I love the idea of it being so robust that it could be an easier daily wear, above my DJ and likely above the GMT.

Which should I pick? I know the availability and desirability of the 126710BLRO might make some immediately say to opt for it in lieu of either Sub, but I just don't know. Both models fit my lifestyle and hobbies, so they're on par with each other in my mind... and I recognize how this is probably a once-in-a-lifetime scenario so I'm keen to capitalize on this as best as possible.

Please, tell me what you kind folk think.

Really depends on your comfort level with spend. An unworn pepsi is 100% the choice here however it's twice as much or just about than the Sub. Starbucks isn't extremely common like the sub so if you're looking for more wow than the sub but less price than the pepsi, then starbucks is your answer.

Price is really the determining factor here.
Encepholopod is offline   Reply With Quote