View Single Post
Old 7 April 2014, 04:24 AM   #25
moby33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Omega/Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
Let's be honest, 2mm is nothing. The thickness and length of the lugs is a bigger factor in how the watch appears on the wrist. My SubC wears a lot larger than my Omega SMP, yet the SMP is a bigger watch (42mm vs 40mm). Some of you guys will find the absolute smallest thing to complain about.
Respectfully disagree. Yes, the 'Supercased' 40mm SubC wears bigger than previous generation Sub & SD (I know from experience seeing as I owned a SD4000, normal Sub-Date & SubLV prior to purchasing my DSSD and then SubC)...but as you correctly stated, that's due to the larger lug design.

But with that said, obviously a 42mm SD4000 (w/ subsequent 'Supercase') would absolutely wear bigger than the 40mm SubC...and that my friend is the point. There are many people like myself that prefer a slightly larger watch than 40mm, yet don't necessarily want to wear the 44mm DSSD. If a 42mm watch would have been offered, then ALL buyers would have a respectable range of sizes to choose from...not all buyers are created equality (both in tastes & sizes), so MORE size options will always be better IMO.

And lastly, as an Omega 42mm SMP Chrono owner for now 14 years, I disagree that my 42mm Omega wears the same as my 40mm SubC. As mention earlier, no doubt the SubC wears bigger than its previous iteration 40mm Sub, but lets not kid ourselves...no mistaking its a 40mm as opposed to a 42mm watch.
moby33 is offline   Reply With Quote