View Single Post
Old 27 September 2013, 12:14 PM   #53
paverman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueueCumber View Post
What you don't have with Lange is as much security that they will be around for decades to come to service their more complicated pieces. That is the only thing that worries me slightly. The chances are greater that Patek will stick around longer and will continue to service their old pieces indefinitely. That being said, there are places that can service/repair old complicated pieces if Lange were to disappear, but the waiting lists are extremely long from what I have heard.
I seriously don't think that will be an issue. I believe that Lange's commitment to high quality, innovation and excellent customer service will carry forward well into the future.
You mention Patek and their service ability on decades old watches. I agree that they will service any watch they've ever built, which is truly great, but we've also just seen a couple threads indicating excessively long service quotes for routine services. I'm no so sure that Patek is actually the highest standard we should be satisfied with, especially as it relates to a commitment to reasonable turn around times. Just my 2 cents.
paverman is offline   Reply With Quote