View Single Post
Old 18 April 2024, 03:35 PM   #15
fozzyf18
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMTII,TT & SS Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy87 View Post
10 years in automotive retail I can tell you negotiating a buy back is always more favorable than threatening the manufacturer with a lawsuit. If there are real problems with the vehicle between a good dealer contacting their factory reps and a halfway decent human being in the resolutions department I’ve personally never seen a buy back turned away and told to go file suit instead.
Excellent advice. I bought my first car 30 years ago and that purchase was a mistake. This particular experience was so bad that I will never go to Hackensack, NJ ever again. I will drive 60 miles out of the way to ensure that town doesn't get another dollar from me. My mistake completely, but I digress.

I expressed my displeasure with the transaction and the fact that this vehicle could not pass Maryland inspection with the salesperson that sold me this particular vehicle and his manager. When I didn't receive what I deemed to be a satisfactory response, I threatened legal action and they all shut down and passed me off to their legal department. Any hope of reasonable conversation, negotiation, or restitution ended right then and there.

Certainly not the same situation of a lemon law or attempting resolution with a reasonable manufacturer (in this case it was a dealer which is different), but I'm simply relaying my experience with threatening legal action against any entity. I will never threaten legal action again unless I'm willing to throw down and go the distance.
fozzyf18 is offline   Reply With Quote