View Single Post
Old 28 January 2011, 11:09 AM   #16
volsfan0911
"TRF" Member

First Rolex coming up for me as well. Was thinking Sub C until I started hanging around here and doing a lot of research. I've always worn dive watches (and used them while diving even - gasp). But the GMT just struck me as my perfect watch. Thought long & hard about finding a good Pepsi (iconic & lots of history & Magnum PI wore one which would make me at least 1/1,000th as studly as Tom Seleck right? ). Realizing though that a new GMTIIC wouldn't be that much more lead me to go try some on at my local AD. Seems to fit my wrist perfectly, classic size & styling, goes under my dress shirt cuffs with no problem. It sang to me immediately whereas I looked at the Sub C and was thinking "ehhhh". Being an anal retentative, OCD type, I set my watch by time.gov and do my best to synch to the second. Not having to mess that up to change the hour when? Where do I sign up? Plus my division all works remotely so we have to be time zone conscious - keep 24 hour hand on home office time and adjust to local is a plus in my book. Plus, it is slightly cheaper than the Sub C . So I am waiting for Uncle Sam's contribution to my play fund then will probably be purchasing via one of the well known (and highly recommended apparently) TRF vendors on here.

[/rant]
volsfan0911 is offline   Reply With Quote