Thread: Very Dark Water
View Single Post
Old 24 April 2024, 02:34 AM   #7
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleg View Post
To your first point, the corporate veil can be penetrated and corporate officers held personally accountable for serious misconduct. The lawyers can weigh in on what constitutes “serious”, but it is fairly common in environmental enforcement actions in my experience.

I wouldn’t expect GM to put resealable fuel tank technology in a pickup truck. Maybe relocate/redesign the tank. And your assertion that companies are experimenting on people outside the norms of traditional medical research practices is pretty inflammatory without an authoritative citation.

Corporations are not inherently evil, as you imply. They are susceptible to market influences, activists shareholders, and group think. But it is not a custom and practice at most corporations to intentionally incur risk on itself or its customers.
My wife worked in the medical device field for 28 years. She's trained people while worked in the dog labs, one of which is a couple of miles from where we live. My buddy in Sonoma county and his brother have brought devices to market and sold them to the big boys, and often travel to South America where they test their products. Third world countries is the standard for testing these products because of the lax regulations and people they can pay to test them. Hardly any secret.