View Single Post
Old 27 April 2024, 06:21 AM   #28
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelpurple View Post
I am going to a fancy hotel spa with my wife, and I have decided to take my bi-DJ. This would be a first for me, as when I go to swimming holidays, I normally take one of my Doxas or Seikos.

When I am travelling, I only take my watch off to sleep, so would use it in the pool, sauna and steam room.

I am not worried about scratches, and I presume there is no issue with corrosion or water leak. I had a 100m watch before which had a water ingress in a steam room!

Just doing a survey to see who of you would be comfortable with this.
I'be worn RG and WG in pools, the sea, freshwater lakes, saunas, steam rooms and hot tubs with zero issues.

There is, however, a documented event on this forum where a YG (from memory) and steel TT datejust on jubilee worn in a hot tub came out with the YG significantly discoloured and looking like rose gold.

Rolex Service returned the watch to perfect condition (most likely by reversal of the chemical reaction that caused the discolouration in the first place)

There is no doubt that the hot tub in question had a serious chemical imbalance

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote