View Single Post
Old 16 March 2024, 04:05 AM   #35
Driver8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slus View Post
I ordered a homage recently, the controversial, made to order one even. It's got a lot of features I love about Rolex watches that I have owned or wanted to own, all in one package that was never offered by Rolex themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
Does the brand name start with a G? That’s what I’ve got coming in a few weeks.

Kat
I've got one of these "starts with a G'" watches as well. As you say, they're almost a "greatest hits" of Rolex throughout the years - 5 digit case, 6 digit ceramic bezel insert, etc.

TBH, as long as watches aren't out-and-out fakes trying to be passed off as the genuine article (i.e. with the original brands' name and logo on the dial), then I have zero issue with them. In my own collection I have a number of 'Tudor-alike' San Martins. Why? Because I like the designs, but not enough to pay Tudor money for them. Plus they're actually very well made, they run Seiko movements that are pretty much all within COSC spec, and they're easy and fun to work on. No-one who knows watches is going to be fooled into thinking they're actual Tudors, and people who don't know watches won't care anyway.

At the end of the day I just like watches. (Fakes are another matter of course).