View Single Post
Old 1 April 2024, 01:52 AM   #10
bmwsubmariner
"TRF" Member

Thanks everyone. Keep the comments coming. I'm super appreciative of all of your input. I'm very analytical with these purchases and tend to overthink them. I know eventually I need to just pick one and go with it. If I pick one, it would probably be the 16520 knowing I can get into a 116500 or 126500 later. I'd even consider selling both the 16520 and my SD4K at some point for the 116500 since that would scratch my Daytona and durable ceramic bezel watch itch.

Also good to hear about the bracelet. I've heard some people say it's harder to get the 5 digit to fit right, but have also heard others say it's more comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch300 View Post
Have you considered a 16528?

If you go between the two you suggested and don't plan to wear it hard (bezel) then go 16520.
I'm not a huge fan of yellow gold on myself. I think the 16528 is a great watch and is stunning to look at, specifically am a fan of the white dial. But not sure how much I'd wear it and if I'd feel self conscious wearing it. I tend to like watches that fly somewhat under the radar, even though I know Rolex is recognizable.

This is also the most expensive watch I'll have ever purchased. I bought my 116600 SD4K (still have) and IWC 5009 (since sold) 8 years ago, so this is a huge jump. $25k is a big number so I'd like to stay around there.

I'm pretty insistent on a papers examples and follow TropicalWatch, Menta, WindVintage and a few others daily just to enjoy looking at watches.
bmwsubmariner is offline   Reply With Quote