View Single Post
Old 26 July 2023, 04:28 AM   #58
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebbeth View Post
Okay, newbie question here. I do not own an FP Journe. I wouldn't even know where to start.

At least with Rolex, Patek, etc., there is an understanding that you have to be a repeat customer. Buy something on the low-end, some jewelry here, jewelry there, and maybe you will get access to a higher-end model.

But with FP Journe, where would you start? Do you have to buy an Elegant first?

There is a LA boutique, so I guess I can go, but then what? What's the entry level buy-in? Is there one?

Good news is that there is no expectation of “bundling”. Just show your interest in the brand and be patient. Imagine the staff at the boutique get 1000s of inquiries from new customers and they try to screen for “casual” inquires and worse, flippers.

Go in and show your interest and your collection in other independents should help. As for first piece, there is no real criteria. Ask for the ones you love and not one which is easier to get just to build a “relationship”. There are pieces like 48mm elegante or Chronometre Bleu which I do not think they are taking names anymore. But the staff there would know better than me. :-)
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote