View Single Post
Old 18 December 2009, 05:49 AM   #20
karmatp
"TRF" Member

This is the main reason it is hard for me to only own Rolex sport watches, no real strap options for sport models.

When you look at watches like IWC for example, they are way ahead of the game when it comes to options. The new Aquatimers actually have a little lever that you can press with your thumb to release the bracelet form the lugs, it is fantastic. Then you can easily swap out the bracelet for a rubber strap. The only bummer is that you have to use genuine IWC straps, unlike Panerai were the sky is the limit. IWC's quick change strap system would be fantastic on Rolex sport models, I wish they would offer something like that. You really need to go to your local IWC dealer and check it out, you will be amazed.

I have done the nylon thing with my Rolex watches, and I do like the extra comfort. These days I buy other brands if I want strap options and keep my Rolex watches on the bracelets. To me, that is Rolex, if I want something different than a bracelet, I wear a Panerai, Omega or IWC.