View Single Post
Old 19 April 2024, 06:14 PM   #33
Deppe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
You highlight a nice added feature of the silver rings around the subdials of the black 126. As far as the white dials comparison, does the “refinement” of the 126 mean it’s less sporty to you?
In pics, I really dislike the new thin subdials, which is why I’m leaning black, but I find myself warming to the white 126 when I see certain wrist shots. Your comparison picture is very helpful in showing the difference in character.
This whole "more refined" is something you see repated all over social media as well. I don't know who originally coined the phrase with regard to the 126500, but I see it in every post comparing the 116500 to the 126500. It is not some that are calling it "more classy", some calling it "more refined" and some calling it "more delicate" or whatever, which to me says that there are some level of parroting in it.

That being said, it is not nessacarily because I think they are wrong, but if I want refined or classy I'm going for a Calatrava, a Lange or the new 1908. For a Rolex sports watch, I want....sporty?
Deppe is offline   Reply With Quote