View Single Post
Old 24 April 2024, 12:58 PM   #303
WS9D
"TRF" Member

Watch: es..More Watches!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
They don’t see them “everywhere.” They see a handful of them at one or two annual events and maybe when on a plane or at an airport.

It’s like going to the local cars and coffee event on a Saturday morning, and then saying, “OMGZ, everyone has a red Ferrari!!!!!!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live in a small country town of a 100k ppl in the middle of no where and the closest AD is 160 miles away, and I see a sub or two every weekend when I go out to dinner.

Went the the SF giants game few weeks back and counted no less than 25 subs not to mention all the homage versions that have PCLs.

I posted a thread not to long ago about moving on from my sub as I'm super bored of it and cited similar reasons. Somehow I missed this one (or I was drinking too much nectar of the gods and don't remember seeing it).

and when I went to cars n coffee here about 3 weeks ago I saw 3 subs and a couple datejusts, no red Ferrari's.

When Im at airports, I can't tell you how many subs I see. Yes, they are popular, but like someone else said, feels like the bmw of the watch world now, but that's just my opinion and I'm not trying to put down those who it is their only watch and they worked very hard for. It is still something more than the average Joe has.

Some of us do like having unique things and standing out, AND THAT IS OKAY. as another post mentioned, we DONT have to evaluate the kind of person we are because we want to have something more unique than others, it just means we like being different and not following trends, fashion, popular opinion etc, we just like being us, unique, and in certain cases, a bit flashy.

My friends give me a hard time telling me I buy nice watches to impress women. I just laugh and tell them not a single woman has ever come up to me and said, "Nice Rolex." Now, the number of men who have come up to me and said that...LOL

People forget that the thing that makes watch collecting FUN, is there is something out there different for all of us, it's okay for us to have different likes and opinions, and we all don't have to be in agreement bowing down to the party officials in unison like places of the past, and present.
WS9D is offline   Reply With Quote