View Single Post
Old 27 April 2024, 01:42 PM   #24
TheVision
"TRF" Member

Just chiming in. I visited my AD (where I got my sub and they are also Pam AD) and it was shocking to see new releases marked up at $12K+ with 10% discount. The same pieces are available already at grey market sellers for 70% less so who in their mind would spend retail while knowing there's ZERO resale value with Panerai as a brand.

My sub from last year has been abused to hell and some of the private AD's on this forum are willing to give me $12k+ for a $10k watch. Any Panerai at retail is like buying a brand new car..the moment ya drove off the dealer lot, the value drops by 30%.

That being said, the pieces I tried on my wrist really makes me want to get Panerai. When it comes to wrist presense and uniequeness, ya can't beat a Pam. Even Omega nor Tudor doenst comes close to it.

I'll be getting a Pam this year but most likely from the grey market sellers (at a pre-owned price).

If anything, I know see Panerai same as Hublot ...it's only the enthusiast that will own the brand..not the random guy.