View Single Post
Old 17 April 2024, 07:03 AM   #101
PeteNYC13
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJ View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how many people will do anything to get a Rolex.

Rolex implemented the CPO program to show you just how unworthy you are. No, you cannot buy a new watch at MSRP but here is an overpriced used model that is a few years old. This is what you and your money is worth.

I can just imagine this in the boardroom:

Stan: We need more ways of fleecing people. Those secondary sellers are taking all of our cash! Running a "not for profit" ain't cheap..

Jim: Wait, people still believe the not for profit...nevermind.. I have an idea! Why don't we take old watches, run them through the car wash, do a service check, and then sell them as Pre-owned?

Stan: That is a great idea but it isn't enough. What if we called them "Certified" and then priced them thousands of dollars over the msrp of new ones? Will the fanboys go for that?

John: Hmm.. Well, let's really spread the word how safe it is to buy from an AD as they are in the business of building relationships with their customers and you are just $$$ to the secondary market which is also just full of thieves!

Stan: That could work but won't people see through our ruse? I mean selling old for higher prices than new?

John: HAHAHA... Who cares? They will do whatever we tell them. They can go buy an Omega or JLC if they want to pay MSRP.

Stan: You are right. Do it!

A - Nobody at Rolex is coming to your house and making anyone buy a Rolex
B - They are a corporation and not stupid, they see the insane $$$ that people are WILLING to spend for used Rolex or Classic Rolex and want in on it
C - Sometimes an older version of something is worth more than that newer version (maybe visit a car site or high end auction now and then)
D - Have you ever heard of a Car Dealer offering CPO, this isn't a new thing.
E- See A, don't buy it if you don't want to.

How dare a corporation try to maximize revenue and shareholder value.
SS Black Dial Daytona M116520
SS Explorer II D16570
PeteNYC13 is offline   Reply With Quote