View Single Post
Old 1 May 2024, 10:51 AM   #70
art1810
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edyu View Post
I'm going to Hawaii again with my family in a couple of weeks and I originally thought that I'd bring a new dive watch with me since dive watches mixed well with the pool and beach theoretically.

I'm PADI certified but with my family it's hard to dive by myself so I'd most likely only see myself in the pool and shallow beach water. In other words the 100m WR of GMT 2 is more than enough for what I need and the added functionality of dual time is very useful for the time difference of Hawaii with the mainland.

In other words, I can't think of one reason to wear a dive watch (300m) with me when I already have a GMT 2 when I'm vacationing. Well I guess the other reason would be that my dive watch is ceramic whereas my GMT is rose gold so less conspicuous to wear the dive watch.

I guess it's a rhetorical dilemma but I'm interested in what others have to say since many of you have a bigger collection than I do.

The whole point about Rolex Oyster case watches is that you can for example take a Lady DJ Pearlmaster chronometer with a Pearl dial and diamond indicia and use it as:

- your amateur snorkelling/scuba watch

- your ship's chronometer

- a dress watch

Even vintage Rolex watches do this perfectly as long as they are correctly serviced.

So in short, your modern six digit reference, ceramic bezel, GMT Master 2, and its insanely satisfying over engineering, is just fine for swimming on holidays.
art1810 is offline   Reply With Quote