View Single Post
Old 16 April 2024, 03:06 AM   #10636
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
Jack actually destroyed modern markets and we are all worse off because of his philosophy that was forced into the market. The index products have caused more volatility in the broader market and more dislocation from fundamentals. Those indices are cap weight so they force investors to buy high and sell low which we all know is not ideal. The old philosophies of Benjamin Graham would be better reading. Bogle’s forced philosophy of extreme fee pressure has made investors worse off by crowding out many competitors. Meanwhile, critiquing 10 basis points at the expense of active management that can give improved risk management. As Apple grows the index buys more and a higher price. When it goes down, it sells. Constantly buying high and selling low. Bogle fooled a lot of investors with his garbage.

I never did much research into this but I often wonder if these large index funds are good or bad for investors. Same with many of these ETFs. I feel like they have too much influence on overall market valuations. If lots of people suddenly bail on them, then it drives prices down more than it should. But again, I never really researched that, so maybe not. Plus, I’m not exactly doing bad, so I have nothing to complain about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote