View Single Post
Old 26 January 2018, 03:57 AM   #14
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
Yes you get what I mean!

The brand is trying to get a clear difference in what you get by paying retail Vs grey.

The major grey area is high demand items selling at a premium and this is not so simple to try and control.

They can up supply to meet demand but that has the concern it will dilute the brand, it’s a careful balancing act.

Where does opinion fall on regards to wait, is a 12 months wait enough to hold out for your AD before you contemplate going grey? Or is it longer or shorter.

This is the unresolved issue with AP 100%.

They have taken steps to cut out the grey market and control distribution which is all supply side

they have done nothing on the demand side to their customers who want watches and will pay full retail and will buy from an AD or boutique. We still dont get the watches. We are still waiting years in some cases for watches. They need to actually make more of the hot models if they want impatient people to stop wanting to go grey. I would go grey for a 15407 absolutely, AP will never actually supply it to me. So im more willing to go grey than before as waitlists are not very transparent and i dont have confidence i would get one anyway.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote