View Single Post
Old 8 May 2024, 12:03 PM   #110
Tcw495
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveh777 View Post
Interesting thread that we all struggle to get our heads around.
What intrigues me in particular is why we don’t see more Rolexes being worn given the numbers sold per annum across all ADs? What is the frequency histogram for Rolex owners and number of Rolex watches?
Surely most new Rolex watches are now being sold to owners with a multiple number of Rolexes, n > 4 for example (and that ain’t me btw).
It probably depends on your audience and the typical crowds you're in. For example, my office has a lot of people that make plenty of money, but relatively flashy spending is just pretty rare in my industry. That said, at client events, almost every person that's 10+ years out of school seems to be wearing a rolex or similar. Same thing at the high end country clubs near me, most guys are pulling a rolex out of their golf bag at the end of the round to throw on the wrist before walking into the pub. But in my neighborhood where I live, anyone wearing a sub would have the nicest watch at the block party. So I think many are out there, it's just concentrated to some extent with repeat buyers, but largely within certain social circle.

Just my $0.02. Obviously just speculating.
Tcw495 is offline   Reply With Quote