View Single Post
Old 31 July 2017, 10:53 PM   #55
Sakuru
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Ceramic bezel is tougher against scratches than the platinum.
That's correct. However, ceramic bezels are more likely to shatter if they suffer hard impacts. It's a little like comparing sapphire and acrylic crystals: both have their pros and cons.

FWIW, I have not heard of people complaining about scratches on the platinum YM bezels; and IIRC, the late J.J. Irani said it was a non-issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alc View Post
I work in the finance office, we wear white long sleeve button shirts and company logos. I would want to wear with a suit when the occasion presents itself, along with casual attire polo shirts.
Personally, I would say advantage GMTc for branded company attire and polo shirts, and advantage YM for suits. However, either watch would be fine with either informal or formal clothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alc View Post
I tried on both and noticed the GMT looked bigger in depth, I like the traditional ceramic bezel and love the color combo as well. I think the Yachtmaster is more striking but like the signature look of the Sub and GMT
Sounds like the OP was leaning strongly towards the BLNR ... presumably that's the one he eventually picked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezz72 View Post
I'll call a spade a spade n say forget about the YM - they are not equal. if they are, you wouldn't get such a one sided support for the blnr here.
As others have already said, this is almost entirely a subjective decision. Majority opinion - even assuming the small sampling on this thread reflects wider views - does not make one model 'better' or 'less equal' than the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju5t1nb View Post
Buy what keeps you up at night, forget social media or what others think.
Sakuru is offline   Reply With Quote