View Single Post
Old 29 April 2024, 02:16 AM   #14
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Difference in case shape between 12 series PM and Steel daytona, its at the endlink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hojlund View Post
the cases are the same, just different in endlink.

My apologies. I misunderstood your original post, sorry.

The 12 series PM cases that come with oyster bracelets are now the same* as the 12 series S/S cases.

(*it has been reported that the steel cases have slightly softer edges but that may just be final finishing differences)

The PM case with originally leather/alligator and now Oysterflex straps has always had a different end link to the metal cases, steel or PM.

It has to or the straps couldn’t attach to the case.

The PM cases that have the shorter end links (they are really fill-ins rather than end links because their are neither at the end nor to they link to the strap) are different from all other Daytona cases (and always have been) in that they have a machined cut out under the bezel that securely locates these fill-in pieces in place.

From memory the lug holes are also in a slightly different place.

All of which is why you cannot put a pm oyster strap on an oysterflex Daytona.

So while the PM oysterflex cases now look the same as the Steel (and PM cases on full oyster bracelets) they are different to facilitate the oysterflex rubber straps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote