View Single Post
Old 4 January 2024, 08:46 AM   #68
Alfa2109
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16500LN White Dial
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OG Beef View Post
The bank will be of no help. Wired and it’s gone. Technically there is no fraudulent transaction. The buyer voluntarily sent funds from his account to another. Sorry to say, but there is no recourse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not exactly. Simply that someone “voluntarily” sends money to someone doesn’t mean there’s no fraud. I’d that were true, most fraud would be legal. The fraud comes in the inducement of the person making payment. And the listing clearly was designed to induce someone like OP to make payment.

But I agree, OP, that it’s premature to conclude you’ve been scammed for sure. Getting banned doesn’t necessarily mean you’re a scumbag, never mind a crook. I’d do as others have suggested: write, call or otherwise try to contact the seller in any way you can to find out if s/he’s going to fulfill the order. If you get blown off or stonewalled or if s/he blows smoke up your dress and you don’t get the watch, the FBI has a cybercrime division, which has an “Internet Crime Complaint Center” (or “IC3”), that your national law authorities can call on for assistance. https://www.ic3.gov/. I was scammed once in a watch purchase, and they got every dollar back for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6329, 6175, 116506, 326934 (blue), 126719BLRO (meteorite), 1803 (coral stella), AP 26860ST (blue)
Alfa2109 is offline   Reply With Quote