Thread: Got the cal
View Single Post
Old 25 April 2024, 03:11 PM   #28
kopi-c
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawatch View Post
Hey all,

I got the call I was on the waiting list for a GMT and Sub and my third watch was the Rolex Yacht-Master 40 watch: Oystersteel and Everose

It's £13,500 I've never made such a large purchase in my life, I am unsure if I should go ahead. I was originally on the list about a year ago because I could buy it wear it for a couple years and not loose so much money.

I guess if I buy it and wear it and sell in a few years for £10k id be happy. Not sure if thats the case.

Im a tech guy, always worn an Apple Watch so going into this is kinda a big deal for me.

The reason I want a Rolex is because my friend has one and when I put it on my wrist, I felt amazing, it feels so nice on the wrist.

Then I ask myself what should I be earring to own a Rolex? I am still renting, I have the money to buy it....just unsure I guess.

With a car, you know what your buying you know you will loose some money and can sell. Should I have the same mindset?

Thanks for the support !
Do not think buying a rolex is an investment that will increase in value few years of wearing it.

Better off saving the money towards a down payment for a house/real estate.
kopi-c is offline   Reply With Quote