View Single Post
Old 11 April 2024, 03:11 PM   #36
Baracus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyW View Post
Remove the text on the rehaut (ring around the dial) and you have nearly the perfect diving watch in the black dialed model IMO. Make it a two liner ala the old ND Sub...Rolex & Deep Sea is all that is needed on that dial. Minimalist it out. Let it and its specs to the talking. If only I was a Rolex designer ha ha.

I owned the first iteration of the DSSD. Loved the size and the way it sat on the wrist. Didn't love the out of proportion bracelet and all that text (20+ words/numbers on the dial. Lord. After 10-12 years, I grew very tired of the cluttered up mess looking up at me and opted for the red SD 43.

Love the wider bracelet/clasp on the newer DS and it looks like they have begun to de-cluttered dial. A move in the right direction in my book. If they axe the rehaut text at some point and keep that beautiful steel ringlock ring around the dial bare (never happen in my lifetime I bet), I would be all in on it.
I still have the 126660 JC but basically agree with everything you said, removing all that text would really improve it.

I also have the SD43, but think removing the cyclops would improve that.

There's always something!
Baracus is offline   Reply With Quote