View Single Post
Old 25 April 2024, 09:43 AM   #40
Watchdoyouwant?
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggonawindow View Post
Yes indeed I am because the gentleman in question is buying a 3 hander for 20% more money than a MR. We all know the 3 hander in question is Phillipe Dufour Simplicity.
Why buy a Phillipe dufour time only over a Patek minute repeater? It’s evident reasons such as hand finishing (hand done guilloche dials, handworked anglage) come into play because a minute repeater is leagues above a 3 hander. Yet when I mention those factors, he suddenly doesn’t care about them.
Dont get me wrong , I love Patek minute repeaters. In fact, the 6301P is my favourite. Hence why I criticise the 6301A because I feel that there is 0 innovation in neither the dial nor the movement .
Whats ironic is the 6301P is a play on Phillipe Dufours grande and petite sonnerie. I would advise you and the gentleman in question to read up about them (there are only 8 in the world). Then come back to me and tell me how good the 6301A is.
You know what I think should’ve been released as a unique piece? A version of the 5308P. What a watch. That is Patek at its best - split seconds perpetual calendar chronograph minute repeater . Not copying dufours designs and changing dials .
Why did Patek not invent the grand and petite sonnerie? It could’ve . Now it has the opportunity to go further with a 3rd sonnerie for minute chimes.

Eggonawindow
If Patek came back with a one off 5308, I somehow suspect you would be complaining that this release is too similar to what Patek did in 2017 when it offered the 5208T--which had the same movement at the 5208P--just with a different dial and titanium case.
Watchdoyouwant? is offline   Reply With Quote