View Single Post
Old 6 November 2017, 12:40 PM   #12
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoniman View Post
Hey Springer,

That was an article worthy of a Phd dissertation!
At any rate as someone easily bemused, amused and yes confused I read a comment warning not to adjust the GMT crown between 7:30 pm and 3:30am.

Below is the cut and paste text from a YouTube comment:

Nice video of a wonderful watch - thank you. One unfortunate commend to make ... when you were demonstrating the different crown position functions you were "winding" the watch at approximately 7:30PM time on that watch. It is not good to wind a watch between 7pm and 3am as this may damage the watch (because the date wheel/gear is engaged during those hours on a watch). I hope that whoever purchases that watch does not have a problem afterwards. Eek!

What's you take on that? Any truth in this?

YouTube link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8v9Y5Knf98

Thank you!
I'll usually asleep during those hours so I really can't answer your concerns or the comments from the video. Actually, I have never heard those comments before so I can't address them.

The comments in the video concern the new generation ceramic GMT II 116710 which is a model that I know very little about.

Check with R.W.T. here on the forum, he is a watchmaker.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote