View Single Post
Old 4 July 2023, 08:02 AM   #51
golftime
"TRF" Member

I have owned 911's dating back to air cooled motors, and currently own a 997.2S-manual transmission. I have also owned Cayennes including my current 2023S. I also worked for a high-line wholesaler up till 2014 during which I got the pleasure to drive lots of high end cars, which helped me become a fan of Porsche.

If your definition of special is based on scarcity, Porsches can be found everywhere, so they are not very rare. If special is based upon the driving experience, that is the connection between the driver and the road combined with the performance of the vehicle, they are still the gold standard.

That said however, there is no doubt the gap with other manufacturers has narrowed significantly. It's probably because the industry as a whole is pretty mature, other than the EV stuff that is developing in leaps and bounds. Given the current prices of Porsches, I am beginning to question whether they offer the same "value" they did at one time (if I can say that with a straight face.) The fact is there are lots of options these days and most of them are pretty darn good.
golftime is offline   Reply With Quote