View Single Post
Old 30 March 2023, 11:05 PM   #42
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pw92676 View Post
I just discovered this thread.
Absolutely lovely picture. I’ve been eyeing this 5517 in grey. I know you are well versed in various brands, would you be able to give your experience with this Marine on its own and in comparison to other brands sports models.

Also, what a treat to get the serial number that you got. Send me some of your luck :)
Hi buddy, I'm happy to share my experience of owning this watch. It is very light and comfortable on the wrist as it is titanium. It weighs only 90g on the scale. I think it's a perfect daily watch. Before i pulled the trigger, I could not try it as there is no availability at the AD, but I'm drawn to the aesthetics I saw in videos and mags, particularly with the blue sunburst dial and the unique fluted side profile. When I finally received the watch, it didn't disappoint in metal. The watch box is also marine-theme and it has a wonderful woody smell. I really like what Breguet is doing as it is quite different from other brands.

I didn't really have a lot of exposure with other sport brands as I have only owned Rolex professionals and Patek sports. The Breguet Marine is priced between the Nautilus and Rolex sports and the biggest differentiation between them to me is the usage of titanium in the 5517 - it is very light and comfortable on the wrist. The bracelet is all brushed like a SS submariner which means you need not bother about scratches like it is on the PCL.

Good luck with your serial number and congratulations in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20230330_204250_(800_x_1080_pixel).jpg (124.6 KB, 485 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20230330_205313_(800_x_1080_pixel).jpg (213.9 KB, 488 views)
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote