View Single Post
Old 23 July 2014, 05:09 AM   #11
Lion
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710 PEPSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bling72 View Post
The MB Meisterstuck 90th LeGrand Broad nib pen is so smooth to write with. When you write with it using the Midnight Blue ink, that kind of dark navy blue is so lively, IMHO nicer than any kind of black ink.

It looks incredible on white paper as it is, but everyone has done the white paper reviews to death.
I know we all prefer different types of pens as well as Nibs but I do like your new pen. I prefer the smaller sized Fountain pens with much smaller Nibs...such as Extra-fine(XF) or even smaller such as Accountant & Needle Nibs. But your newer pens such as MontBlanc, Parker, Sheaffer and Pelikan usually only come in Fine as your only option for smaller Nibs. Usually you need to look for Vintage pens as they would and could come with the smaller gold Nibs and also from the 1920's and 1930's with flexible gold Nibs. But sometimes you can get lucky and find them with Xf Nibs so for newer Fountain pens with smaller type Nibs you need to look at the Japanese companies and their very fine writing instruments. Companies such as Sailor, Namiki-Pilot and Platinum produce very fine quality Nibs. Another interesting fact is when comparing Nibs from Japanese manufactured Fountain pens(this is just a general rule but there are exceptions...as always) in comparison to European or American manufacturers their Nibs such as Fine and Medium will lay down a finer line when writing or printing!!!

As for different inks and colors I really like the many options we are fortunate to have access too. Right now my two favorite inks(and have been for a couple of years) are an Oyster Gray and Bordeaux Red(just found out this color is discontinued and replaced by a slightly darker Red) both sold by MontBlanc. I also like the Blue-Black, Toffee and many others. Also I like and prefer using convertors which are easily rinsed out between fillings...whether changing colors or keeping my EDC Fountain pens cleaned up and filled each week!!!

Take care.....Leo

SS GMT-II 16710 PEPSI(Z-serial#)
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND BOYS IS THE PRICE OF THE TOYS!!!
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Doue Silver Barley
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Doue Signum
Proud Card Carrying Member of the Curmudgeons.....Yikes!!!
Lion is offline   Reply With Quote