View Single Post
Old 4 November 2014, 04:13 AM   #178
GermanyMatt
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126711, 126610
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra11b View Post
How would you rate the SBBN013 overall?

I thought long and hard about it but the ceramic shroud scared me off. I got the SBBN015 instead (in the mail) and am thinking it may be a next purchase if I like Tunas... My incoming will be my first.
So I ended up letting go of both my tunas, mainly because I just had too many watches and decided that I needed to shrink the inventory into a couple of very nice watches and one or two 'beaters'. The SBBN013 is a much better built watch. I was quite surprised at how much better the build quality was. The regular SS tuna is no slouch, but the darth tuna is on another level.

I probably would have kept the Darth, but it's larger than the standard tuna, which meant it was too large for my wrist. I was worried about that going in, but the only way for me to really find out was to try it out. The standard Tuna is a great watch IMO - one of those and a nice monster would make for a great pair. With the Darth, you need a wrist that's at least 7.25" - mine is closer to 7" and I felt like I was pushing the limits of the watch looking.....appropriate. I would not buy the automatic version as it's even larger than the Darth - and quite a bit thicker too. The standard SS tuna looked fine on my wrist.

I still have two monsters (orange and bloody), and I won't let either of them go. They're awesome watches for the $$$. If you don't have one, it's a great model to start with.
GermanyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote