View Single Post
Old 23 April 2024, 06:01 AM   #91
espanol
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Trusty Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
The problem is that they really are rare. The ADs might get one of each size per year. This is per the Asst. Mgr. of my AD, in NorCal. His company owns 3 ADs, and they haven’t seen any yet. Maybe the Boutiques get a few more.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote:
I know this, because I’m on the list for one, myself.

Kat

Quote:
With all due respect...Though your SAs may be blowing smoke up your bum,

I'm glad you feel like the watch salesperson you've transacted from in the past wouldn't lie to you. I personally value and practice business ethics. However, you state that you're on the list for one. How would you feel if the aforementioned salesperson said "we've received a few, and they've been allocated." Would that make you feel better than just saying "we haven't seen any?" Of course not. It may not impact you in any way, positive or negative, but I believe many would agree denying is the path of least resistance in a game of such high demand.

Also, surely you're on the forums enough to have noticed this same line used over and over again. Personally, I'm on quite a lot and have noticed this trend. It seems salespeople from all around the world claim "we haven't seen any of (inset watch here)." Yet, there's over 1,500 Rolex distributors and now north of an estimated 1 million watches sold per year. Strange, right? Are Ben Clymer and John Mayer buying all the watches directly from Rolex? It would seem so, if we believe these salespeople.

Finally, prefacing that final statement by saying "with all due respect" doesn't quell a later disrespectful comment. Perhaps your "relationship" is truly that, and much more than a salesperson lying to create goodwill.