View Single Post
Old 13 April 2024, 09:16 AM   #3
Patekfinder
Banned

Wrist Aficionado - buyer beware of their damaged Rolex Cellini Moonphase for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazil View Post
Such a shame as I can imagine this watch to have been a dream acquisition, I actually never knew they did the moon phase ..

This watch was my grail. I spent years lusting after it, months researching, many nights contemplating the emotional purchase, excitement to receive it, only to receive a very damaged watch that was not the watch pictured. Even before the purchase I asked them to send me photos of it, and they did, and it was a different watch. The whole experience was so terrible in ultimately dealing with what amounted to be highly unethical behavior from what I thought was a prominent and respected gray dealer. I even took it to Rolliworks to see about repairing it myself because I didn’t want to return it, and only after being told by all my watch friends that it should be returned, I ultimately listened.

After, I ended up buying a yellow gold Day Date II from another dealer instead because these guys just ruined the Cellini Moonphase for me. I didn’t plan to share the experience and I let it go because I received a full refund, but when I saw them repost it on Chrono24 and their website using the SAME PHOTOS, and I saw the SAME damaged watch sitting in their boutique in Miami, I knew I had to do the right thing and share this with the community.
Patekfinder is offline   Reply With Quote