View Single Post
Old 9 April 2024, 12:47 PM   #161
RichardBartlett
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpickard View Post
What a small world.....

I am presently in Ft Lauderdale cruising the Rolex Forum & I see that you have just visited my home of Charlottetown. You even stopped by the local fire station where my son was on duty today.
Im so glad to hear your thoughts on the local population.
Cheers on your trip!
Alex from Vancouver said there is a rivalry between the East and West but it's in good faith. He and Mavis his wife enjoyed the trip. They did this cruise as they hadn't done the EAST COAST before so took this opportunity.

Yes as the vintage fire engine shows we did indeed visit the fire station but there wasn't anyone outside . So unable to talk to anyone.

As a lady said we were extremely lucky with the weather today which makes a difference as NY for example was dreadful. However she did say that the town felt sad when a ship turns up and the weather is bad.. but that's the luck of the draw.

However as I said l totally recommend a eastern cruise in the middle of the year to get the most out of the area and is in full bloom

We left Miami a week ago and tbh we're missing the warmth living nearer the equator allows
RichardBartlett is online now   Reply With Quote