View Single Post
Old 11 June 2013, 04:27 PM   #4
sierra11b
"TRF" Member

Watch: MkXVIII, 3570.50
Impressive.

The only thing that leaves me apprehensive about the SBGR051 is that I own a 36DJ with Rodium Roman Dial. I dislike the red hand on the SBGR073 and feel the SBGR071 would have been PERFECT without the red seconds track dial.

What currently lacks in my collection is a premium Japanese watch (preferably a true GS aside from my SBDX001) with stark white dial.

For this reason I am leaning heavily toward the SBGR055 as I've heard very good impressions (albeit limited) from those that actually tried on numerous in the flesh -- some with ambitions to get the flagship SBGH001 or even the SBGA011 -- only to walk away with the SBGR055. Apparently the dial has a very fine grain that runs north to south and changes from ivory to pure white depending on the light.

The other watch I like is the GMT SBGM025 to potentially accompany my Black Dial 216570 but I feel that it's rather thick at 14mm with its clear case back. Funny how GS always keeps you wanting the perfect package... I think they do this better than Rolex actually. For example, if you want a thinner white dial watch than the SBGR055 you can opt for the SBGA025 which has a solid case back (thinner), but is spring drive and costs a lot more. And if you want an all Titanium watch you have to choose between considerable case sizes, silver or snowflake dial, spring drive or 9S65, with or without a screw-down crown.
sierra11b is offline   Reply With Quote