View Single Post
Old 7 September 2022, 12:29 AM   #65
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
Well, I'm a long-time BMW fan, strongly in the love/hate category. I've also owned Mercedes, many Porsches and some Audis. I always go back to BMW.

I had an M2, and it's a fun little car but rather brutal. The M3/M4 G80/G82 generation is much more civilized and for me, a better car. My M4 (well not the actual car, but a picture of it) is attached below.

My car (both of them, actually) were properly equipped with three pedals. Can't get that in a Mercedes or an Audi any more. My "low powered" M4 came with the awesome Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires, and it was an absolute beast on the track. I'm not going to get into all of the superlatives because most of you I will not be able to convince and the rest don't really care, because you won't be on the track.

On the streets, the ride was quite compliant and reasonable for a performance car. Road noise was minimal, and much much much much better than a 911 or Cayman. The steering is not what BMW used to be, but with every new generation or evolution, they are making it better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Smaller M4.jpg (285.7 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg smaller DSC_1093.jpg (285.5 KB, 212 views)

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote