Thread: Czapek
View Single Post
Old 12 April 2024, 06:24 PM   #3373
Bug04
"TRF" Member

Thanks Mike, I love Czapek and I think its products are really a wave of quality and freshness in a market that really needs it.
Let me elaborate further my opinion, which I share knowing that Czapek cares of its fans comments: when mentioning backlog, I am referring to previous commitments taken earlier, around covid / post covid phase, with suppliers or dealers for LEs. I may be wrong but from past discussions here, I understood that Czapek realized that an excessive number of SE / LE / dial colors etc were being pumped in the mkt, and that this was going to stop in 2-3 years (therefore today) once the backlog of such planned commitments empties, in 2-3 years.

This is different from the backlog of “continuative production” orders, which as you say is still present and I would say is deserved being a signal of appreciation from the market.

What I do not understand is, why all these SE, LE, dial colors, etc? My opinion is that this has a “dilutive” effect on the real sense of a LE and artificially evokes an idea of “fashion” instead of luxury.

Of course this is only sharing of opinion on a reality like Czapek that is offering great and high quality products. Nothing is perfect, so no maison or independent watchmaker is, but when near to perfection, any detail may make the difference.

I hope this clarifies and I look forward for your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemargolis View Post
"but now the backlog should have ended,"

The demand is still very high, the backlog is still more than one year's production.

When you are a small brand with small production, and you make nice watches and have strong orders, the backlog continues.

Any order placed today will ship mid to late 2025, all the novelties are scheduled for 2025, not 2024, except the gold Antarctiques, which we have built and paid for cases and bracelets, and they are almost ready to go (waiting on dials).

So a few 100 piece LE's (water drop, purple antarctique, green meteorite) make sense to us.

We love you guys and are always glad for your opinions.
Bug04 is offline   Reply With Quote