View Single Post
Old 19 April 2024, 02:56 AM   #12
railmonster2914
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dardeca View Post
I haven't purchased from the UK, but I have bought from a dealer in Italy. I had zero issues with it coming through customs into the US. The watch was marked for its full value (approx. $20k) and I paid about $500 in import fees directly to Fedex (who was the shipping company used). The box was unopened by customs and the process was super easy. While the watch was in transit, Fedex sent me an invoice for the custom fees and I paid it online without issue.

Wouldn't think UK is different from Italy in terms of how customs views imports. I think if you use a reputable shipping agent (Fedex, UPS, DHL), there should be no issues.

I do know that US customs is a little weird on how they value watches...there is a separate value for the movement, the case, the bracelet/strap. So the shipper needs to make sure they assign value to each of those components or the watch could get delayed. I'd ask if they've shipped to the US before and have them explain the process to make sure they know what they are doing.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I've gone through the seller's feedback on C24 and most people are happy with their purchases, with a couple of those 5 star ratings being from US buyers.

In my experience, Fedex and UPS seem to get you the watches right away and send you an invoice right after, while DHL will hold the watch until you pay the duties.
railmonster2914 is offline   Reply With Quote