View Single Post
Old 25 July 2011, 12:27 PM   #2
Megalobyte
"TRF" Member

Watch: ...me go broke
I like Panerai's designs, the quality is there. The effortless strap changing and endless strap options is a lot of fun. But, Panerai is not yet ready with their in house mvts., in my experience. The mvts look nice, they seem nice, but they apparently have a ways to go before they can compare reliability-wise with Rolex. I've had 2 BNIB p9000 mvt Pams, both with what I'd consider fatal issues, issues others have reported.

This being said, I love my Pam 24, its modified 7750 is as or more accurate and well adjusted than my Sub C, which is pretty darn accurate. The Pam gains 2 seconds a WEEK. :)

From a value standpoint, Rolex, high as prices are becoming, seem a better value. Especially when you consider all the quasi-limited edition eta based Pams that sell for ridiculous amounts. Or, take for example a Pam 233, about $15,000 list, yes, in house, but many have had issues, and for 15k, well that's what you can pick up a BNIB AP ROO Diver for gray mkt, or full msrp of a BP 50 Fathoms!

In short, I enjoy having both, but I won't buy any Panerai with an in house mvt for some time.
Megalobyte is offline   Reply With Quote